Facebook Pages Update Is Serious Business
If you’re reviewing your company/organization’s Facebook Page and thought that something seemed off, then we’re happy to let you know it’s not just you! Facebook Pages has updated the look. As you know, Personal Profiles are for non-commercial use and represent individual people. Facebook Pages look similar to personal profiles, but offers unique tools for businesses, brands and organizations. You can like a Page to see updates in News Feed. So, here is a quick rundown of what’s new on the Facebook Page format:
- Updated Cover Photo: (the larger image at the top of your page) The visible area used to have the Profile Picture in the left lower area. It now has more room to fully showcase your company information, brand message and call to action.
- Updated Profile Picture Location: (You know, the photo/icon followers see next to your name everywhere on Facebook.) This new update moves your business’s Profile Picture/icon) from the cover photo area and to the left-hand side.
- New Contact Button: This is a quick “call to action” button is now located at the top of your Facebook Page. This button can change according to your desired call to action.
- Updated Side-Bar Layouts:
- The right side-bar provides a basic summary of your business/organization, including how many likes you have and other standard “about” information, such as where you’re located, hours and phone number.
- The left side-bar still features your business/organization’s name, but, it also includes the tag that others can use to include you in their posts. This side-bar finishes out with tabs that lead to your photos, reviews, likes and other features.
Moppy’s Quick Bites:
- Make sure your Company/Organization’s profile information is up-to-date, including the About, Services, links to contact information, and more.
- Choose the right Profile Picture/Icon. We suggest that you choose your logo or brand icon.
- Update your Cover Photo to the correct new visible size. (Moppy suggests that the ideal size is 828px X 315px.) There is more “real estate” to showcase your brand message that will connect with your target audience to your service or mission, so make sure you choose the right message!
- Update and test the Contact button to make sure it is connecting to right link. It is always helpful to directly connect to the “Contact Us” page on your website.
- Need help? Contact us to make sure your company/organization has this marketing channel up-to-date and stay connected with your brand image and message.
Still not sure how this update effects your company/organization, or need guidance as to how to best handle your social media messaging? Contact us now to set up a meeting or email Cheryl Musial, Chief Strategy Officer at [email protected].
Did you know your online meeting space can have a custom, on-brand look for your organization?…Read More