Engage Your Online Community with LinkedIn Polls
LinkedIn brings together connections from all around the globe to participate in conversations about the professional world.
When you create posts on LinkedIn, you open the door to great information sharing. However, posts are not the only way to engage your online audience on LinkedIn. Polls also work.
What are LinkedIn Polls?
As the name describe them, LinkedIn Polls are posts containing questions and answer options that your connections can answer.
When should you use LinkedIn Polls?
Create Polls whenever you want to engage with other members by asking for their perspectives about various topics. Keep in mind that members will select one of your pre-populated answers, so make sure you use Polls when you are providing answers and need more insight regarding others’ opinions, not when you want to obtain short answers from members.
How do you create LinkedIn Polls?
You can create a poll from your homepage. If you’re an Admin of a LinkedIn Page or a LinkedIn Group you can create a poll directly from the Page or group’s homepage.
Before creating a poll for your page, consider the following:
- Poll questions are limited to a maximum 140 characters and options are limited to a maximum of 30 characters.
- A poll can’t be edited once it’s created, but it can be deleted after it is created.
- A poll can’t be reopened once it’s closed.
- Your connections will get notified that you created a poll.
- Poll authors may not ask for sensitive data (nor ask for data for the purpose of inferring sensitive data). Sensitive data includes, for example, race, ethnic origin, religious, political, or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or lifestyle, physical and mental health, trade union membership or membership in a religious or political organization, or precise geolocation and anything else defined as such by law (such as the GDPR).
To create a poll from your homepage:
- Click Start a post.
- Click Create a poll.
- In the Create a poll window, type your question and fill in the options.
- There is a minimum of two options and a maximum of four options on a poll.
- Click +Add option to add another option.
- Select the Poll duration from the dropdown.
- The default duration is one week.
- Click Next.
- Click the Edit icon to edit the post.
- Select who you want to share the poll with.
- You can add more to the post in the What do you want to talk about? field (optional).
- Click Post.
Once your Poll is created, your connections will be notified of your recent post.
Let us know about your experience with this approach to LinkedIn posts. Tag us on social media with your response.
Did you know your online meeting space can have a custom, on-brand look for your organization?…Read More