Happy birthday, Facebook
Happy birthday, Facebook! It’s hard to believe that 10 years ago today Harvard sophomore Mark Zuckerberg made thefacebook.com available for Harvard students. Since then Facebook dropped the ‘the,’ became mobile, acquired Instagram, reached over a billion users and has gone through multiple redesigns and additions. Facebook was even nice enough to give us a gift this week, Paper! Check back later for more information about the new app.
2004, the year …
• The 2004 Summer Olympics were held in Athens
• Republican incumbent President George W. Bush was declared the winner over his Democratic challenger, U.S. Senator John Kerry
• The Boston Red Sox won the World Series for the first time in 86 years
• Janet Jackson experienced a wardrobe malfunction during the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show with Justin Timberlake
• Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India and Thailand were hit by the Boxing Day Tsunami that killed nearly a quarter of a million people
• Ashlee Simpson was caught lip-syncing on Saturday Night Live
• The cost of a Super Bowl ad was $2,300,000, compared to the $4,000,000 price tag that companies paid this year
• Low carb diets such as ‘Atkins’ and ‘South Beach’ were popular
• Martha Stewart was found guilty on four felony counts
What are some of your favorite memories from 2004? Comment below or share on our Facebook page.
Is elevating your organization’s marketing part of your to-do list, but you are having a hard…Read More