Survey Results From the 2009 Cobb Chamber B2B Expo
During the event, business leaders were asked to list their current marketing strategies and discuss how they are “marking their territory” in these economic times. Nearly 100 people participated in our survey. The top three marketing and advertising mediums from our survey were:
- Digital Media – website, eBlasts, SEO
- Networking – phone calls, seminars, referrals
- Print Media – advertisements, newsletters, yellow pages, signage
Interestingly, while social media came in fourth in our survey, it was the number one topic of discussion. Social media, including blogs, Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter is on the rise among business leaders and people were eager to learn more. The challenges primarily surround how to best include social media into their current marketing efforts and the strategies for using it.
Tricks of the Trade
The survey also pointed to a diversity of current marketing mediums, which is a key component of a good marketing strategy. Diversification expands your reach, connecting with your customers and prospects more often. Some other tips include:
- Use free social media channels, including Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter.
- Keep your website up-to-date and pertinent. A mouse click is all that separates your prospects from either learning more or moving on.
- Communicate your company’s brand image consistently across all channels.
- Use digital media such as email campaigns and blogs. They are cost-effective and trackable!
- Use analytics from web and eCommunications to measure ROI and help improve your messaging and strategy.
The pack during the 2009 Cobb Chamber B2B Expo. Pictured left to right: Jay, Susanna, Tricia, Cheryl, Bill, Amy and Barbara
Did you know your online meeting space can have a custom, on-brand look for your organization?…Read More
We decided to take a fun outlook on social distancing and created a fun guide that…Read More