Hidden features of iOS 7
Over the last couple of weeks there have been many conversations surrounding the new iOS 7 update for the Apple iPhone. People who are creatures of habit are having a hard time adjusting to the different interface, while others are fully embracing the change. The new update meant a lot of changes to the interface that iPhone users had grown to love since its introduction in 2007. Some of these changes are very obvious, while others require a little bit of exploration to discover. Below are some of the hidden features that we find most interesting and useful.
- Managing your data usage can be tricky. With the new update you can now track data used by each app and cut them off if you are using too much.
Settings > Cellular > Scroll down to your apps and slide bar to turn on and off
- You can now make audio-only FaceTime calls for when you want to stay in touch but you don’t want to use any of your precious minutes.
- Take a look at your clock icon. It is an actual clock with a working second hand! Even though it’s probably not the most useful update, it’s still a nice touch.
- By sliding your text messages to the left you can now see the text time stamp for all your messages, not just the last one.
- You no longer have to manually screen calls from the people you don’t want to talk to. The update now allows you to block calls and text messages.
Settings > Phone > Blocked > add numbers of who you want to restrict
- With this update we already know that you can swipe up to close apps, but did you know you can swipe up to three at a time? Now that’s multitasking!
- There is now a night mode for maps. Apple Maps will automatically adjust based on the time, giving you a darker interface that is not only easier on the eyes, but also safer.
- Want to redeem a gift card on iTunes? Just take a picture of it when you are redeeming it on the app and you are done. It’s that easy!
These are only a few of the hidden features of iOS 7. We would love to hear your feedback on your favorite features of the update. If you know of any hidden feature that we may have missed, tell us below.
Did you know your online meeting space can have a custom, on-brand look for your organization?…Read More
We decided to take a fun outlook on social distancing and created a fun guide that…Read More