With social media as popular as it is in our world today, selling on popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and more can be very beneficial. Consumers are more likely to go to your website seen on a post as they scan their news feeds.
But how can you use social media to sell more products? And if you are, is it effective? We have detailed 6 best practices to selling on your social media accounts.
1. Where’s Your Audience?
Your first and most important step to selling online is knowing where you can find your target market. Millennialls can be found on sites like Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Snapchat, whereas older audiences might be found more on Facebook.
Do your research, and know where you want your efforts to be placed.
2. Simplify, Simplify, Simplify!
The easier and quicker you can get people onto your site and purchasing a product, the better. Add links to your social media posts that link directly to your products. Make the products easy to purchase and get through the buying and shipping stage as fast as possible. If your website is hard to work through, or if it even takes a minute to load, your buyers might be leaving the page before they even see what you have to offer.
3. Be Mobile-FriendlyIt is getting more and more common for people to use social media sites on their smartphones. No one wants to take the time to find a computer and login anymore when they can take their phone out of their back pocket and check their news feeds faster. Some sites like Instagram and Snapchat don’t even have a very friendly desktop version.
This means that you need to make sure your sites that are linking from your social media posts are easy to access, read and purchase on from a mobile device. Test your websites for mobile before posting any new pages or linking them to your platforms.
4. Tell Them What You Want Them to DoCall to actions are SO imperative! If you simply show your products and services on your social media sites, but never link to a place where they can purchase them or tell them to buy from you, they will never do it. You have to be very clear with social media users as to what you want from them. You won’t regret it when you do!
5. Ask for Reviews and Stars
The more reviews you receive on your site, the more credible your company will look, and the more traffic your site will receive. Don’t be afraid to ask for positive reviews from past and current customers. Ask them how they liked your services and products, even if it means offering an incentive if they complete a review.
6. Track Your EffectivenessThere are so many social media analytics tools and websites that you can use to see if your efforts are working. You can also use these sites to engage with your consumers easily, and see what people are saying about you. Look into resources like Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Simply Measured and Sprout Social to make the process easier.
If you are looking at this list and wondering how in the world you will be able to accomplish any of this on your social media, or if posting and selling your brand online doesn’t fit in your schedule, let us know!
We can take care of your social media for you, if you’ll allow it! Call us at 678-737-7333 or email William Musial at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if our services would work well for your company!