When it comes to advertising and marketing your company, and needing to use an agency to develop your collateral, which agency you choose is essential for your company. Just as you wouldn’t want a doctor-in-training or a distracted doctor that couldn’t care less about you to perform surgery, you don’t want an under-qualified or apathetic marketing agency to handle your brand image and messaging.
Here are some characteristics to look for when choosing an advertising agency for your business:
- Chemistry. Being able to connect with someone professionally and understand him/her is important in any kind of relationship, even between a business and its ad agency.
- Experience. Choosing a company with a proven track record of success is always a wise choice. You want to be sure that what you’re asking of your agency is possible and will be done to your standard of excellence.
- Communication. When you have a hot project that you need updates to ASAP, the last thing you want to worry about is being able to reach your agency. Find an agency that listens to you and responds quickly.
- Trendy. With digital and marketing trends changing on a day-to-day basis and industry trends improving as well, you want to make sure your agency is up to date on those trends and willing to act on them for your company. Keeping a pulse on how to best reach your audience and interest them is essential to make any agency work valuable.
- Ability. Do you have to go through multiple agencies to obtain all the collateral you need for one project/event? Are they a full-service agency like Mopdog that can ensure synergy across all marketing pieces, developing them all in-house? Consider the attention you need and whether or not you could benefit from having one agency to report to for all marketing deliverables.
- Quality over quantity. Both in cost and business size. Know the happy medium between getting what you pay for and over-paying an agency. Just because an agency has a well-known name, hundreds of employees, or costs more due to “quality” doesn’t mean you should choose that company. Consider the value of the work you’re receiving and whether or not you’ll obtain the care and attention to detail you need for each project.
At Mopdog, we strive to offer our clients maximum attention and opportunity across the board. Our full-service agency allows clients to receive design, development, multimedia, strategy and communication services of all types. And in the Doghouse, we are all family. That means you’ll speak with the people working on your projects, avoiding middlemen and building relationships to offer the best communication, updates and results for your business.
Contact us if you have any questions or new projects to discuss.