In honor of National Trivia Day, we’ve gone through and listed certain marketing events that took center stage at some point in 2017. Can you believe all of these things happened just last year?
- Beyoncé broke the Internet with the announcement of her twins. This photo was the most liked photo on Instagram in 2017 with 11.1 million likes.
- President Trump’s Twitter was deactivated for a whole 11 minutes.
- Pepsi received a lot of backlash for their controversial advertisement starring Kendall Jenner.
- Fake news from Russia took to center stage on social media many times in 2017, causing platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to crack down.
- People with problems keeping to 140 characters were finally given a break as Twitter expanded their character limit to 280.
- Starbucks created the Unicorn Frappuccino that too many people were too excited to post about on Instagram.
- The hashtag #MeToo took over social media and outed many big names, including movie producer Harvey Weinstein
- Taylor Swift deleted all content from all of her online accounts to make a big entrance with the arrival of her new album, Reputation.
Our list could go on to include the advent of iPhone X, 13 Reasons Why taking over, people raving about the eclipse in 2017 and so many more. Nonetheless, 2017 was a big year for the world of marketing and social media, and we can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2018.
Have another great marketing trivia fact from 2017? Follow us on Facebook and share yours in the comments of our post!